The Vermont Youth Lobby needs your help to plan a series of actions that might finally persuade Vermont lawmakers to pass serious and bold climate legislation this year!
We are holding our first planning meeting of the year with three goals in mind:
- Grow the movement by recruiting Youth Lobby Officers from as many high schools as possible.
- Consider how we might help support and promote upcoming climate activism – in particular, the Global Climate Strike on Sept. 20th-27th.
- Begin planning our own climate actions for the upcoming year, which may include:
- Working directly with Vermont Lawmakers to organize a Youth Climate Congress that will meet in the Statehouse for a big media event in November. The goal of the event would be to develop a plan that might convince the legislature to declare a climate emergency.
- Work with a number of lawmakers to co-create an actual climate-related bill the Youth Lobby can promote throughout the year.
- Plan a press conference for the opening of the legislature in January and a series of monthly actions at the Statehouse
- Develop an outstanding digital media campaign to spread our message
As you can see, there is a lot of work to get done and we can really use your help!
Please Join Us! This is the year we can see some real change if we push hard enough.
When: Sunday, September 1st from 4-7pm
Where: Suncommon in Waterbury has offered to host and to cater our first meeting.
442 US Route 2, Waterbury, VT 05676
Please RSVP on our Facebook Event Page or email us if you can – firstname.lastname@example.org
Vermont Youth Lobby